Use Your Ears Music Portal Forum Index Portal
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Preferences  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sat 23 Sep 2017
danyermawan
tezz
Sun 24 Sep 2017
Mon 25 Sep 2017
Funkeegirl
grigh
James McKean ...
Tue 26 Sep 2017
petrinagoh
semaphore
thefreefallband
Board Navigation
 Navigation
Music Website Website
Latest News Latest News
News Categories News Categories
News Archive News Archive
Forum Forum
Music Maps Music Maps
Music Directory Music Directory

Our Music Event
Featured Bands Featured Bands
Music Venue Music Venues
Guest List Guest Lists
Send Demo Send Demo

Download
Latest Latest
Search Search
Top 10 Top 10

Tools
Calendar Calendar
Album Album
Links Links

About us
Who are we? Who are we?
Contact Us Contact Us
Register Your Details Register Your Details

Recent Topics
 Event Photography
by unknown21 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Music, fashion & event photography available - London
by server on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:32 am

Together to create a custom stage
by stagerk on Mon May 09, 2016 8:56 am

How to prepare a review essay about any song?
by ednashirley on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:42 pm

Help me to prepare a music reviw.
by ednashirley on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:23 pm

Multiinstrumentalist / artist seeking gigs
by Lillian on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:33 am

Expand your city and upgrade various items with gold
by yw001 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:41 am

PRS New Music Awards - London UK
by yw001 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:38 am

Technical Support & Troubleshooting
by yw001 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:37 am

Make It Better Later
by cupidsrose on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:45 am

Quick Search

[ Advanced Search ]

Recent Files
» Forever In A Day

Statistics
We have 1178 registered users
The newest registered user is Emraldeyes77

Our users have posted a total of 1228 articles

Newest Pics
Carrie Tree at the main stage of Sunrise Celebration Festival 2nd June 2007 - Picture by UseYourEars.com
Pic Title: Carrie Tree at Sunrise Festival
Poster: MusicMan
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:06 pm
View: 249

[ Album ]
  K. T. Tunstall chooses the 2008 Shure Creative Award winner Reply to this News Item Print this Topic E-Mail this Topic
Posted on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:49 pm by MusicMan
NEWS K. T. Tunstall chooses the 2008 Shure Creative Award winner

Best-selling artist K.T. Tunstall recently judged the final of an innovative new award for aspiring singer-songwriters – the Shure Creative Award, which is jointly sponsored by Shure, the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance and Play Music Pickup magazine.

Applicants were asked to upload a video of themselves performing an original song to www.shurecreativeaward.com which following a round of public voting and judging by a panel of experts resulted in a final ten being passed on to K. T., who chose the overall winner.

We are now delighted to announce details of the winner - Kimya Razavi, a singer/songwriter from Birmingham. Kimyas original and inventive song, Stupid Cupid, can be viewed at www.shurecreativeaward.com/kimya-razavi. KT commented the following after making her decision:

It was really a difficult task choosing a winner from such a diverse range of talented entrants to this competition. However, I was really taken by the different stylistic influences that Kimya is exploring, and most of all I was struck by her lyrics. She's obviously not following the crowd in either area. Hopefully she'll now have chance to grow a little forest of unique, original material.

As a result of winning this competition, Kimya now has the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to professionally develop her talent and skills with a free place on the Institute’s fantastic one-year Higher Diploma course (worth £4,950). As well as enjoying this great opportunity to learn, Kimya will also benefit from the many opportunities at the Institute to write, collaborate and perform in live London showcase events in front of key industry people. Kimya is of course delighted with this, and had the following to say:

Im extremely grateful to the competition organizers for giving me the fantastic opportunity to develop my skills in singing and song writing at the ICMP. This is a once in a life time opportunity that I cherish and value enormously!

Special mention should also be made of the two runners-up, Daisy Borthwick and Amy Leeder, who both received the opportunity to study at the Institute for significantly reduced fees as well some fabulous prizes from Shure, including such items as a Beta 58 microphone and a pair of SCL4 professional earphones and an SM58 Vocal microphone.
The Shure Creative Award will now run as an annual competition, so watch the website www.shurecreativeaward.com for details of the 2009 competition – your chance to win a course of study and develop your network in London at one of the world’s leading schools of contemporary music!

For further information contact the website www.shurecreativeaward.com or the Institute directly on:

This news item has 4444 Views and 0 Comments. Post your comment

Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Links

ezPortal by Smartor
phpBB3 Support